Whitchurch Spring Fair is running alongside the Farmers’ Market in the town centre this Saturday, 4th April from 9am until 4pm. Last minute preparations should be made to your Easter bonnets and caps – please see below for competition rules. Meet outside the Civic at 2pm for judging.
As well as the usual local food and craft producers at the Farmers’ Market, there will be crafts, flowers, chocolate and activities and an Easter Bonnet/Cap competition. The Bonnet/Cap competition will be judged at 2pm outside the Civic Centre and is open to all ages – so come on children, get your adults involved in making their own hats. The Competition has a few rules and these are as follows:
- The bonnet or cap should be made 100% of materials which have been recycled or are about to be recycled.
- A hat or cap base may be used – greater credit will be given to those entries which have re-used an old base or have made their own.
- The decoration should reflect the idea of ‘Spring’ or ‘Easter’.
- Decorations on the bonnet or cap should be made of retrieved and recycled materials.
- No living materials may be used.
- The competition is open to all and it is free to take part.
- There will be 3 classes:
- young people of primary school age
- young people of secondary school age
- Prizes will be awarded for each class.
- There will be a parade outside Whitchurch Civic Centre at 2pm on Saturday 4th March at which the judging will take place.
- The judges’ decision will be final.
A copy of these rules can be collected from the Community Hub in the Civic Centre.
If you would like to book a stall for this event please contact Zoe on 01948 665761.