The surgery is situated in a Georgian town house built around 1740 and has been a doctor’s surgery for at least 120 years. Medicine has changed immeasurably since that time but the traditions of family medicine have not, and the total care of patients from cradle to grave is still practised here in a homely atmosphere for the benefit of all our patients. We aim to provide a service that is in accordance with the latest medical knowledge, but also to include the best traditions of personal care that was a great feature of general practice in the past.
To this aim we converted the old stable area into a waiting room and reception block. We hope that we have maintained a homely atmosphere within the restraints of ever increasing paperwork.
The entrance is through the main gates and through the door signposted ‘Reception’. The doctors and nurses will come through to the waiting room to collect you so it is important to stay in the waiting area. We do request that all mobile telephones are turned off on entering the surgery.