Whitchurch C E (Controlled) Infant School and Nursery is a neighbourhood school serving the community of Whitchurch, Shropshire. As a Church of England (Controlled) School we welcome all children. Christian values have high priority with strong links between home, school and parish and we have an active involvement with the Rector.
Whitchurch Infant School was established in its present buildings in 1964. Our school currently comprises:
- A school hall used for indoor PE, dining, assemblies, school fairs etc;
- A school kitchen where hot meals are prepared on site daily;
- Nine class bases for Reception and Key Stage One children;
- Outside classroom areas for our Early Years Foundation Stage children;
- A well stocked, electronically catalogued, school library;
- General purpose rooms and areas for cookery, art and small group work.
Our outdoor space includes:
- A hard surfaced playground area;
- A quiet play area;
- Grassed areas;
- A covered classroom area;
- A decked area with raised vegetable beds;
- An environmental forest school area.
Throughout the school the children and staff have access to a wide range of modern ICT equipment including laptops, desktop computers, interactive whiteboards, active slates, digital microphones, telescopes and projectors.
Attached to the school and sharing a communal entrance area is the Whitchurch area Sure Start Children’s Centre, which hosts a range of community groups for the under 5s.