Whitchurch Markets & Events group was created as an action from Whitchurch Town & Parish Plan 2011. The aims of the group are:
• to organise ‘whole-town’ events to increase visitor footfall in the town and support promotion of these events
• to coordinate a bi-monthly advertising campaign in local publications
• to create promotional material, thereby increasing awareness of Whitchurch and the events taking place
• to facilitate insurance cover for ‘whole-town’ events
• to assist and support ‘whole-town’ events.
In order to achieve these aims the group meets on a 6-8 weekly basis in Alderford café, if you or an organisation you know would like to be part of this group please get in touch through this website.
To date, Whitchurch Markets & Events Group achievements are:
• The Group coordinates a bi-monthly advertisement and editorial in Yattar Yattar magazine, a free publication available from Sainsbury’s and the Community Hub
• The Group designs and produces a postcard, advertising the town and the annual event programme available from most events and community venues.
Whitchurch Markets & Events Group has members from Whitchurch Town Council, Shropshire Council, Whitchurch Chamber of Trade, Farmers’ Market, Walkers are Welcome group, event organisers and business owners, all working together to promote and market the town, to increase visitor footfall, thereby putting Whitchurch on the map as a place to visit, shop, do business and generally have a good time.
The Group reports back to Whitchurch Town Team and provides information for the Whitchurch Town Council annual meeting. Whitchurch Town Council has provided funding to assist with marketing and the Group also receives business sponsorship.